Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Irrationality Runs Rampant Around Here

I feel like I've had a forward to every post I've made in the last little while but I feel they're all warranted. This warning is one of love. I absolutely love my husband to death so before you drill me about this post know that.

Onto the post.

My husband is SOOOOO irrational. It's been a hectic few months in our house because monsoon season in Arizona is here. Now we don't live in Arizona but that happens to be the place we visit at least 3 times a week. That's a lot, I know. That also happens to be where we launch our boat onto Lake Powell. Now do you see it?

Not only is it monsoon season in Arizona the weather in my neck of the woods has been about the same. Rainy, muggy, horribly windy which is all around terrible boating weather.

We haven't been able to go out on our boat for nearly a month. It's eating at my husband. I'm doing fine since I'm more of an in the water type of person than an on the water girl. For my DH though it's driving him insane.

Here's where the irrational part comes into play.

Instead of saying that we'll just wait it out and go the next chance we get he's talking about selling the boat. A boat we only purchased last year. A brand new boat that only has 20 hours on it. Yes, seriously, he's talking about selling the boat because he hasn't gotten to use it. UH ... WHAT

This is an actual picture of our boat before we bought it.
You mean to tell me we spent 40K+ CASH on a boat and because the weather is bad, something no one can control, you want to sell it? Does this make as much sense to you as it did to me? 

Normally I just brush his words off and leave the room but I finally had enough the other day. I got up on my high horse and told him, more like yelled at him, that I was selling my sewing machine because I haven't used it in a couple weeks. I told him I was also selling his beloved 2012 Ford F-350 truck because he only uses it once a week and when we go out to the lake.

He then tried to tell me he was also upset that he couldn't find people to go out on the boat with him. I didn't back down because he is constantly saying that he's not a people person. I feel a little bad for what I then said to him (which was "When you bought the boat who did you think was going to go out on it with us? The friends you don't have or the people you don't know?") but I just couldn't take it anymore.

Can I just say he hasn't mentioned selling the boat, or going to the lake, as much as he normally does since that day. I think my wake up call was just what he needed ... until next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.