Friday, June 28, 2013

Things I Believe

This post has some controversial profanity. Please be advised that you may not like me after you read this.

I just wanted to do a quick post about things I believe in. It's after 1 in the morning and for some reason my brain has been fixed on this subject for the past little while. Aside from #1, and #2, there is no specific order. I am going to list them in an order but understand that the first two are the most important.

#1 - I believe in God the eternal Father and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost. Some people may not know that I'm LDS. While I haven't physically been to church in quite a while I still believe, whole heartedly, in the teachings of the Gospel.
#2 - I believe my husband to be one of the most inspirational people in the entire world. He lost his leg when he was seven and there's nothing on this planet that can stop him. Along these lines I believe I'm the luckiest woman in the world to have found him.
#3 - The institution of marriage is not going to be destroyed by allowing a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a women. Britney Spears took it one notch down when she married a man for less than 3 days. When you search shortest marriage on Google all but one link on the front page is related to Hollywood.
#4 - I believe we waste too much money on locking people in jail that don't deserve to be there. Why are there so many potheads in jail simply because they smoked pot? Free up that bed for the man who rapes women or the woman who killed her husband. Come on now.
#5 - I believe the Government should but out. Do we need Government? Yes. Does it need to be as big as it is today? Holy crap no.
#6 - I believe people kill people and that without people guns are giant paper weights. If guns kill people than spoons made me fat. (More)
#7 - Last I checked if you earned it it's yours to keep. Stop trying to spread the wealth. It doesn't teach anyone to do for themselves.
#8 - People who text, talk on the phone, or drive distracted need to be considered a danger to society. Slapping them on the wrist until they kill someone with their vehicle is NOT going to help them.
#9 - If women can be whores then so can men. If women can be bitches than so can men. If men can call each other dicks then why can't I call another woman a cunt without being looked at as the worst person in the world?
#10 - If you're raped, molested, or otherwise violated sexually and you get pregnant that should NOT mean that you have to keep the child or that you weren't really raped. Todd Akin I'm lookin' at you!
#11 - Too many people in this world today are highly overmedicated. I am not a doctor but when I see a child who simply can't focus the first thing I think is NOT ADHD. While I do believe it is a legitimate disease I don't think so many people actually have it.
#12 - Taking guns away from law abiding citizens is not going to make those who already obtain them illegally stop using, or obtaining, them.
#13 - If the toilet paper is on it's little holder and it's coming off the roll from the top I think you should be hanged. I know, petty, but it irritates me.

3 comments:

  1. I was with you until number 13 - and you lost me! But, all the rest seem pretty dang right on! I think language usage is personal choice and generational. On TP, in the middle I don't want to be fumbling trying to find the end of the paper tucked behind the roll.=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The TP thing is quite a hilarious one. I almost threw my brother-in-law out of our house because he put the roll on backwards. I was hoping he'd read this and get the joke! :-)

      Delete
    2. TP preference is such a funny thing. I try to ALWAYS change to the new roll, because if my husband does he puts the end to the back and if I reverse it I feel I'm sending him the message that he did it the wrong way while I on the other hand do it the right way! Not helpful to marital harmony. Oh, and on my original message it should have said, "On TP, in the middle of the night . . . ". Love your blog posts - keep 'em coming!

      Delete

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.