Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Beauty All Around

It's always been hard for me to admit that I live in such a beautiful state. As long as I can remember I've wanted to leave Utah because of how boring I think this state is. I always take for granted the beauty that has been placed around me. Here are only a few examples of what I'm talking about.

I live 30 minutes away from this.

Zion National Park: Source
I'm two hours away from these.

Bryce Canyon National Park: Source

Grand Canyon National Park: Source

Lake Powell: Source

Arches National Park: Source
There is so much more that I could list (among them are Canyonlands, Monument Valley & the Four Corners, and Moab) so why do I always think I live in such a horrible place?

Is there something you take for granted in the state you live in?

On another note you're probably reading this while I take my mother here for her mother's day present. (This is only 2 hours away)

Las Vegas by Night: Source

1 comment:

  1. I love the new look of your blog! As for taking something for granted where I live. I likely do. I live in the province of Manitoba in Canada, but have never really explored much beyond my south western corner. We have some of the most extreme weather in the country. I hate the winters and love the summers. I'm leaving for the east coast of Canada later this month and hope to eventually make my home on the west coast. Right now I like to think that I won't miss Manitoba at all, but perhaps I will.

    Cheers from Brandy at http://brandysbustlings.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.