Friday, April 12, 2013

About Kindess & How I'm All Out Of It Today

I am all out of kindness today and that kindness ran out at around 11am. I went in to get a cup of coffee, or Chai Tea, and I asked for an extra shot today. It was one of those days. When I got out to my car I tasted what should have been a fantastic "Dirty Chai" only to find that it lacked it's dirtiness. Needless to say I wasn't happy but at this point I was OK. I still had a little kindness left in me. When I told the barista the problem I was met with "well I did put a shot in so I'm not sure what the problem is". Uh ... I know what espresso tastes like and there isn't a drop to be found in this drink. I politely stated that no, there wasn't a shot. This time I was told "well I'll put another shot in but I don't know if you'll like that". No you won't put another shot in. You'll put the original shot, that was supposed to be there in the first place, in. I was there glared at. No, seriously, glared at while she put the shot in. Of course me being me glared right back. When I finally got my drink, after more back and forth than I mentioned before, I smugly looked at the barista and with a horrible f-you tone to my voice said "NOW there's a shot in there". 

Needless to say it took all the kindness I had left not to jump over the counter, wrap my hands around her neck (and I just tried to spell neck with a K at the beginning), and choke the smug life out of her.

Kindness leaves me quickly when I'm challenged and I know I'm right.

1 comment:

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.