Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Lacking Originality

I feel like my blog has been lacking in originality lately.

I talk a lot about my interests and not a lot about me. I guess I get lost when I think about telling people things about myself. I can be controversial, at least from what I've seen in the blog world, and people tend to shy away from controversy.

I don't talk about things I don't want to and maybe that's where I get hung up. I find myself wanting more people to read my blog but not wanting to change myself to do get people to read. That's probably why I've been through so many blogs in the past 9 years.

I'm not a mommy blogger, since I don't want kids, so I miss that niche completely. I'm not technically a beauty blogger so I only get a few hits here and there on those posts. I'm barely a crafty blogger since so much is going on in my home right now that's keeping me from crafting at all.

I don't feel like I don't have anything to say I just feel like it's all the same. By that I mean I find myself wanting to talk about products that I love, or products that I hate, all the time.

I don't want to turn into a review blogger.

This sounds like a "pity me" post doesn't it? It's not meant to, I swear.

Life, and time, is going by very quickly for me right now and I'm really hoping it will all slow down here soon. I'm not sure I'll know what to do if it doesn't!!

I want to stay true to myself but find I'm always looking for things to do. Challenges and prompts and stuff like that are things that I tend to fall into and it generally leads to me closing my blog and wondering if I'm even cut out for blogging anymore.

Anywho, it's late, I should be in bed. I'll stop complaining now!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's easy to feel out of place in this modern blogging world when you're an old fashioned blog about my life sort of blogger... I know I do. There are lots of days where I feel like I don't know what to blog about, or when I decide to blog about something random I worry that people will think it's dumb or whatever... So anyway, I can relate to what you're going through. I think it's pretty normal. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.