Monday, January 14, 2013

I Will Build It

I have a tiny sewing room. I've been working on plans to build myself a cutting table, sewing table, shelving, and whatever else can fit in this 12' by 11' room. It's not easy. Thankfully I have a handy husband who's help I've demanded (which he didn't mind) when it comes time to build this stuff.

Why am I building myself these items? When I bought my sewing machine I thought it wouldn't be anything to, later on, buy a sewing table and cutting table. Well if you call a sewing table only large enough to hold your sewing machine nothing than I guess I'm overreacting.

This Gidget 2 is the cheapest sewing table (found for $103 at the cheapest) I can find that has a lift system so that I can lower my machine to flatbed height for quilting.


How freakin' small is that thing?

I plan to take up most of the wall space in this room to create a sewing space that I can truly work with. I've been looking up ideas all weekend and know that I can create something amazing without having to purchase something that doesn't work for me. I'll have to do a "before and after" photo with this project.

Also, the wind has been blowing like crazy all weekend and our temp is currently 16 degrees. It's insane.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.