Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I've Gone Purchase Crazy

When I get into something I really get into it. I've been a purchasing machine for the past couple weeks and I thought I'd share some of my findings with everyone. I hope no one is offended by "haul posts" because that's what's about to happen.

Purchased From Amazon

Dahle 36" x 48" Vantage Self-Healing Cutting Mat-Blue 10693
I haven't had a chance to try this mat out yet. Later this next week my mother and I are going to make aprons for ourselves and I'm sure I'll get to see how it works then.

Olfa Deluxe Rotary Cutter (60mm) and OLFA 9458 RB60-5 60mm Rotary Blade, 5-Pack
Again, I haven't had the chance to try the rotary cutter, or the rulers in the photo below, out yet.

O'Lipfa 5-Inch-by-24-Inch Lip Edge Ruler & O'Lipfa 4-Inch-by-36-Inch Lip Edge Ruler


Purchased From Walmart


Sewing Basket. The top compartment comes out which allows for more storage underneath.
This little sewing case was only $10 and it's so adorable. It's got loads of storage space and it hold every small piece of "equipment" I currently have.

Bobbin Storage Case. Holds 25 bobbins.
I was looking for a bobbin case that would hold each bobbin individually and this was the most decently priced one.

Purchased From My Local Bernina Dealer

Clover Chaco Chalk Liners in Blue & White and Pilot Frixion Erasable Pen. These are for marking on fabric.
The chalk liners are so amazing. There's a small roller wheel at the top that the chalk dispenses through and, since it's chalk, it rubs right out after it's served it's purpose. The pen is basically a disappearing ink pen. Well, disappearing in the sense that when heat is applied (hence the name Frixion) the ink just goes away. I've tried it a couple times and I really like it.

Collins Wrist Pin Cushion, Bernina Magnetic Pin Holder & Bernina Seam Gauge
I just purchased these items today but they're nothing special. The magnetic pin holder will come in handy since I know I have pins on my floor that I can't find.

Purchased At My Local Joanns Fabrics

Gingher 8" Dressmaker Shears
You would not believe how amazingly these shears cut. You know that moment when you're cutting wrapping paper and the scissors start to glide? These don't glide but I get that feeling every time I used them. They're not cheap but they're worth every penny.

(Some captions under these photos are Amazon Affiliate Text Links. Read more about that in my Advertising & Affiliate Disclosure. Link at the bottom of the post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.