Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Goodbye 2012

I know it isn't quite the end of the year yet but I wanted to get this post in before the world ends this Friday. What's the point in doing a Friday Favorites if I'm not going to be here right? (I don't really believe the world is going to end but it's been my excuse for not getting anything drastically important done lately.)

My 2012 was an interesting one. It started with a visit to the Emergency Room. No, not me, my husband. He had a little too much to drink and I felt really uncomfortable letting him "sleep it off" like he wanted. You know that extremely vacant look you get from overly drunk individuals? Multiply that by 10K and you've got what my husband looked like at 1 am New Years day. I took him into the ER, where they gave him fluids and a place to crash, and he was fine.

This past year was the year that I let go of my old blog, The Princess & The Parolee, and I started this one. I may, at this point, redo that blog and post more personal stuff there. I'm contemplating making it private as well. It seems that making it private, if I'm still going to post, lacks a point. For me, though, it would be a place where I can put down my deepest thoughts without the worry that anyone is going to find them.

This was the year my husband and I bought our first house. We'd been renting for over 9 years and were finally able to buy our own home. No more worrying about the landlord and what s/he is doing with our money. We also bought a boat.


I got a little personal and talked about my political views here on this blog.
I had a lot of Friday Favorites. I especially like THIS ONE.
I talked a lot about sewing because I recently bought a sewing machine. I have to admit, though, that I'm almost terrified to use it. I did complete one project but I'm just not sure what to make next.
I talked about why I left Facebook although I am thinking about going back.

I also think I've found my true love for blogging again. Before it was always an attempt to please everyone else. Not that I don't love people reading and commenting, but I feel like I was always meant to have a blog that was purely for/about/centered around me. A me who, in real life, doesn't care what others think I should be doing, or what I should be blogging about, or what niche I should be fitting into. I finally embraced my square peg-ness and I am NOT going back.

How was your year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.