Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Favorites



It was a busy web week for me. I've got quite a few links to share with you. Some craft related others just random sites that I've found. Aaaaannnnddddd ... we're off....

The Fat Quarter Shop is an online fabric store selling Jelly Rolls, Honey Buns, and Fat Quarters. Don't know what any of those are? Neither did I. That's why this post on Sew4Home really helped me understand.

I found a sewing cabinet I'd love to have but I'm not willing to spend over double on the desk that I did on the machine. My husband said he would help me build my own. How cool would that be?

I want to do some free motion quilting soon but found out that the free motion foot for my machine really sucks. Good news though DreamWeaver's Quilts has a way to fix the foot and make it great.

I'm pretty sure I knew about craftgawker but just recently rediscovered it. It's almost like Pinterest but it's solely for crafts.

This video seems a little silly to some but I always have issues peeling Kiwis. I'm going to have to try this trick the next time I have a kiwi.

I'm a huge dog lover and found quite a few awesome dog posts. How about dogs shaking off water or dogs underwater. (The second link is through stumbleupon. I can't find the post otherwise.) What about the science of dogs? This dog has it's own seeing eye dog. I laughed hysterically at this one
Having a bad day? Visit the nicest place on the internet
I've always wanted to travel to Italy so I'm glad I found 100+ Things to Know if You're Going to Italy
Here's some stuff no one told us
Ever thought one movie poster looked exactly like another? You weren't seeing things. Check out these 10 movie poster cliches.

Looking to expand your vocabulary? See how many words you know.

Thirteen top 100 book lists condensed into one master list. 632 of the Best Books Ever Written.

 I will try these one day. Mac & Cheese cups.

Ever wondered if it was love or lust? Maybe it's just indigestion.

 Lastly a video I've watched at least 20 times in the past week. It's the most watched video on YouTube ... ever ... and I can't seem to get it out of my head.

 

2 comments:

  1. I can't explain it, but the Gangnam Style Video almost always puts a smile on my face. Thanks for the link explaining precut fabrics. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why I can't stop watching it but I can't. The only words I understand are "Hey Sexy Lady" and I just love it.

      Delete

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.