Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Political Views

I know these kinds of posts are quite controversial BUT I thought I'd put myself out there in an attempt to be honest and open with any potential readers. Understand that I don't normally do this and generally keep to myself politically.

Note: I am in no way bashing anyone from any political party in any way with the statements that I make. Please do not take it as such. I am simply stating my political opinions.

Reasons I Side With The Right - There are more reasons but I feel these are the biggest.

 - I am a firm believer in my second amendment right. I am a responsible gun owner and I also have my concealed weapons permit. I do not believe that stricter gun laws in the country will stop the wrong people from getting firearms. No gun policy in this country now has stopped them. Ex convicts can get them. Gang members can get them. The wrong people can get guns, and far more powerful guns, easier than I can.

- I do not believe the job creators, predominately known as the rich, should be taxed more. It makes no sense to me. If they're creating the jobs and our government is taxing them into the ground where are the jobs going to be coming from? As much as I'd like to believe that small businesses could support this economy and give everyone a job I just don't think it's possible.

 - I believe in limited government involvement in my life. The government can barely run itself, at this point, so why should I trust that they can run my healthcare or anything else for that matter. Social security is tanking. Medicaid and medicare, well, we all know how well that's working out.

 - I am all for more secure borders and getting rid of the "anchor baby" law. I have no problems with anyone coming into our country legally. (On a side note I do think the process to enter the country legally needs to be looked over and scaled down a little. It takes far too long as it is.) Illegal immigrants in this country tend to have more rights than we do as citizens. My husband, when we moved to Utah, had to wait 2 years to become a citizen before he could enroll in college. As soon as an immigrant crosses into Utah they have the right to enroll in college. How is that right?

Reasons I Side With The Left - As before, I'm sure there are more reasons but these are the biggest.

- I'm a Mormon and I fully support gay marriage. (There are a lot of us, here too) I'm so tired of the "we can fix them" or "traditional marriage is between a .... blah de blah de freakin' blah" crap. They don't need to be fixed and who gives a damn if you think a man loving a man/woman loving a woman isn't traditional. Why can't we just accept that they should be able to have the same rights we do. Ugh.


- I am pro-choice. I guess I should say I'm pro-circumstantial-choice though. I believe in the case of rape, incest, molestation, etc that an abortion is justified. To say that there is such a thing as a "legitimate rape" and that "the female body has a way to try to shut that whole thing down" is absolutely ridiculous. (You disgust me Todd Akin)

Reasons I Have A Problem Voting For Anyone

 - No matter how many times you say "my vote counts" it isn't true. Unless you're an electorate your vote counts for squat when it comes to the Pres and the VP. Tally up all the votes. Take longer to allow people to vote. No matter the outcome tell me who the people TRULY want in office.

 - They all lie. They lie about what they're going to do and the lie about what the other party is going to do. Enough said.

 - The constant bashing of the other candidate from the other party. I don't care who did what, or who, in college. I didn't even care that Clinton had an extramarital affair or that he smoked pot. This video sums up what I've been thinking.

1 comment:

  1. How refreshing to read this kind of post. I'm the same with voting because I don't think there is anything decent to vote for. They all say a lot of crap and do a lot of crap and I don't believe in any political party anymore really.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.