Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Wrap Up

I see posts like these done a lot on blogs and I think, not just for my readers but for myself, I'm going to start doing a monthly wrap up.

Photobucket
Left: Tanner. Top: Mister. Bottom: Missy
October has been a great month. On the 28th I turned 31. On the 26th my triplets (left) turned 2. On another note my aunt's birthday was the 29th as was one of my cousin's. October is a busy month in my family tree.

We're finally getting our house together and purchasing all the things we've been needing, like a real bedroom set (which doesn't get delivered until Friday the 2nd) and comfortable sofas. Speaking of getting things together for the house, or at least for our property, we've gotten numerous bids from contractors for the shop we want to build. It's almost as if they think we're in a boom again. They're crazy.

I'm crocheting a blanket for my husband and I. It's an oversized king, measuring 114" by 97", so that we won't fight over the blanket anymore. My husband picked the colors before I said anything. They just happen to be my high school colors. You can find the pattern HERE. Although when I made the blanket I added a chain 2 at the end of the first row. She came up one chain short and by adding the chain 2 at the end I was dead on.

We got our boat winterized, which means no spur of the moment trips to the lake. I'm actually OK with that. I've had enough of the boat for one summer. I know by the end of winter I'm going to want to be out on the boat as soon as possible.

I'm excited for November. I'm one of those people that valiantly celebrates every holiday and gets quite irate when stores seem to just skip them. Thanksgiving seems to be the one that gets overlooked. I love Thanksgiving. I get to eat, a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always interested to hear, or read, what people have to say so, please, leave me a comment. I am all for healthy debates but am not a proponent of picking on someone because of their thoughts.